Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 10: #23 Is this the end?

Well now comes the fun part -- trying to summarize what I've been doing for the past three months (though most of my posts reflect that I've only been working on this a week or so...) Believe it or not, I did start this project back in September.

I'm finishing this entry at the eleventh hour, so I hope I didn't leave any exercises out. I'm glad that HCPL brought us this program inspired by what they've done in North Carolina and other libraries. I've used some aspects of these applications, but I'm sure I'd never have known how to go out and find a lot of them on my own.

I think my favorite discovery was just knowing I could post a picture on my blog through Flickr or create my own Avatar. I've gone to websites and seen these things all over but I never bothered to do this before.

This experience really shows me how much I need to do to keep up with the times. Of course, not many people know all of this material. But a lot of people obviously know some of this. This is a good time of year (i.e. end of one year, beginning of another) to assess my technological skills and make goals for future undertakings. This iHCPL experience shows me that there are ways to figure out what I need to know and what I should want to know. It's been tough at times, but I'm glad I've given it a try.

No comments: