Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 9: #22 Downloadable Media

I don't have a computer at home, so I haven't really been into the downloadable media yet. We (HCPL) have a great collection of DVD's that I'm still going through. However, I can see how many people probably would enjoy using the downloadable media to save time and gas in going to the library.

I haven't noticed customers really asking about or using these resources much - most people seem to prefer the solid book or video/audio product. But at the rate technology is going, I'm sure we'll have folks looking into this a lot more in the next couple of years.

I didn't see any ebook titles that appealed to me that don't already have a traditional book format. So, for now, I'll still to the traditional book. However, after iHCPL, I could see myself in the upcoming year, using the ebook collection during my lunch break or afterhours if a title catches me.

No comments: