Thursday, December 20, 2007

Week 7: #16 So What's in A Wiki?

It seems like there's a Wikipedia entry for almost anything these days. As a librarian, I advise patrons to take the information we might find in a Wikipedia entry with a grain of salt. I try to find other information to back up what we find. However, I must admit, I often rely on the information when I'm looking up something for my personal interest in a topic.

I am on a committee at the library that is utilizing the wiki concept to communicate and work. I have added a few entries and found it to be quite easy. Actually, as soon as I complete the iHCPL experience, I will be attempting to contribute to the committee wiki more often. It's been a bit of a challenge balancing regular work, iHCPL work and the committee wiki. But I'm glad to have the chance to learn more about this technology.

No comments: