Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 9: #20 Discover YouTube and other video sharing sites

I've been enjoying You Tube for some time now. I love the huge variety of vidoes (including clips and whole episodes from old TV shows) and the way it showcases related vidoes based on the title/subject of the video you choose. I went from viewing "Angry Librarian" video to "Angry Professor" video to "Angry Teacher" video with just a click of the keyboard.

I've been following the installments of a video called "Kalypso's New Orleans". A young girl hosts this video about living in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. There are at least 3 editions of it. She does a great job with the help of her family and some good music in the background. The only real problem I had with the video -I'd like to see it updated with more installments.

The video I saw didn't really have library features in it. However, there are lots of library related videos out there. Some are funny. Others are more serious training type videos showing what to do and what not to do as a librarian. Still others show the programs and collections of various libraries.

No comments: