Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Using GTD to get things done! iHCPL #28

I enjoyed reading the principles of GTD. I've always admired people who are well-organized at work and at home. I've read books that incorporated the basic principles of GTD, but I haven't always put them into practice.

I like the philosophy of collecting the items (ie. emails, paperwork, etc.) in one place to work through. I particularly like the 2 minute rule about doing anything that can be done in 2 minutes. I recently put this concept into practice when going through email that accumulated over several days. I quickly responded to several emails that I no longer have to keep on my mind. It's always gratifying to get things like that done.

I've made a little outline of the GTD principles to put on the bulletin board by my desk as a reminder to keep paperwork or little tasks from getting out of hand.

No comments: