Tuesday, April 29, 2008

#30 Taking a Load Off Our Devices iHCPL

I've used the P and S drives for several folders over the last two years. I found a couple of folders on the P drive that I had created and left up since 2006. I had fun deleting these folders knowing that I certainly don't need the files in them any longer.
As I was deleting these folders that I personally created, I came across many more folders that we've created in our department that we can easily delete. This exercise makes you realize how much you can do to get rid of folders and take a load off the system. This exercise also underscores the need to try to be as organized as possible when creating files and folders so that you don't have dozens of folders when you only need a few, well-selected ones to do the job.

No comments: